PORTLAND, Ore. (KOIN) — A Golden Retriever in Yamhill County, Oregon retrieved quite a haul after digging in his family’s backyard earlier this month.
The Yamhill County Sheriff’s Office says 18-month-old Kenyon was digging in his family’s backyard when he came upon $85,000 worth of black tar heroin.
His owners originally thought their dog had come across a time capsule from previous tenants but upon opening realized it was a controlled substance.
Deputies came to the house and said it was 15 ounces of black tar heroin.
Kenyon was awarded a ribbon and named an honorary narcotics K9 for life.WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- FREE CRUISE ROBOCALL COULD GET YOU $900
- MAN NEARLY DIES FROM FALLING INTO WOODCHIPPER
- DUBLIN WOMAN WINS $1.6M AT LAS VEGAS AIRPORT
- CHILDREN, GRANDFATHER KILLED IN SAN JOSE FIRE
- ICE AGENTS CONDUCT HUMAN TRAFFICKING RAID IN OAKLAND
- ‘KIDNAPPER’ TO MOM: MONEY OR DAUGHTER KILLED