SACRAMENTO (KRON) – The Golden State Warriors waived Marquese Chriss on Monday coming off a loss to the Sacramento Kings, 111-98.
ESPN’s Adrian Wojnarowski reports, the move helps clear a path for the Warriors to convert two-way guard Damion Lee’s contract and place him on the 15-man roster.
Chriss averaged 7.3 points, 5.4 rebounds and 1.9 assists per game this season and gained tremendous respect from both teammates and coaches during his time spent with Golden State.
Chriss took to Twitter Monday night, keeping his spirits up by retweeting Douglas Christie and saying, “I got you OG!” After Christie tweeted out to send his respects to Chriss, “Keep your head up and grind!”
Chriss tells NBC Sports, the move has taught him a lot about himself and what he’s capable of doing.
“Things happen for a reason. I think I’ve shown that I’m capable of a lot and that I belong where I am for a reason like I said, things happen and you just go with ’em,” Chriss said.
Latest Sports Headlines:
- After a forgettable season, Warriors ready to move forward
- San Francisco school introduces new athletic program for girls
- Drew Brees to Trump: Kneeling was never about the American flag
- Oakland A’s to continue minor league pay after cuts made due to pandemic
- Roger Goodell: NFL admits it was wrong for not listening to players in wake of recent protests