WARNING: THE ABOVE VIDEO CONTAINS GRAPHIC CONTENT
BRIDGEPORT (KRON) — An out of control car pinned two people against a stone wall in Bridgeport, Connecticut, and police say a woman who saw what was happening likely saved a child’s life by throwing herself in front of the little boy.
This happened in Bridgeport and everyone survived.
The woman didn’t know the little boy. Her name is Shanta Jordan.
She tried to push the little boy out of the way, but there wasn’t time for that.
But police say her body absorbed much of the impact, saving the child’s life. Though, he was seriously injured.
State and local leaders will pay special tribute to Jordan in a ceremony at City Hall next week.
Currently, she’ still recovering in the hospital.
“If she did not step in, the child would be in direct contact with the motor vehicle against the wall, and most likely, he would have perished,” Bridgeport police chief A.J. Perez said. “He would have died.”
As for the little boy, doctors initially thought they would have to amputate both legs, but surgeons in the hospital spent hours operating and saved his legs.
The driver is also hospitalized.
He’s facing reckless driving and other charges.WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- VIDEO: KEVIN DURANT STARES DOWN RIHANNA DURING NBA FINALS
- CALIFORNIA TAKES FIRST STEP TO END DAYLIGHT SAVINGS TIME
- VIDEO: ICE CUBE REMINDS WARRIORS’ FANS TO NOT GET TOO COMFORTABLE
- MENLO PARK PASTOR ARRESTED FOR ALLEGED SEX ASSAULTS ON MINORS
- 3 BART JANITORS MADE $365,000 IN OVERTIME LAST YEAR
- MOM FINDS GIANT HUNTSMAN SPIDER IN TODDLER’S BEDROOM