SAN MATEO COUNTY (KRON) — The Harbor Master received a report of a great white shark sighting in the Half Moon Bay area Saturday afternoon.
The shark was seen around 1:15 p.m. about a fourth of a mile south of Pillar Point Harbor.
No other details have been reported.
Officials advise the public to use caution if entering the water.
LATEST NEWS HEADLINES:
- Off the hook: California king salmon rebounds after drought
- In Otter News: During surprise visit with students, Gov. Gavin Newsom reveals first pet
- Questions remain after two rescued from Half Moon Bay plane crash
- Mario Woods, man shot by SF police, inspiration for Kaepernick stand against brutality
- Repairs to Oakland roads underway thanks to $100M paving plan