GUERNEVILLE (KRON) — The Sonoma County Sheriff’s Department is expected to lift its evacuation order on Friday for residents in Guerneville.
The city remains under mandatory evacuation orders as of Thursday night, though officials hope to open the town back up to residents as early as noon on Friday.
Crews are still working to clear roads and assess flood damage in the town.
The Sheriff’s Department says they will be checking residents’ identification before letting residents back into the town on Friday.
- RUSSIAN RIVER FLOODS 2K HOMES, BUSINESSES IN SONOMA COUNTY
- BAY AREA RESIDENTS DITCHING HIGH COST OF LIVING, MOVING AWAY
- PARENT WARNING: ‘MOMO CHALLENGE’ TARGETING KIDS ONLINE
- 2 ARRESTED IN BUFFET BRAWL OVER CRAB LEGS
- MAN ARRESTED FOR RAPING GIRL IN HALF MOON BAY