Officials have identified the hang glider who died after crashing into the ocean near Pacifica over the weekend.
The San Mateo County coroner on Monday identified the victim as 44-year-old Christopher Carrillo of San Francisco.
According to the San Mateo County Sheriff’s Office, Carrillo tried to make an emergency landing in the water off Devils Slide around 4 p.m. Sunday.
He had taken off from Fort Funston and authorities said they believed the wind was carrying the craft too far south.
Carrillo’s body was recovered from the water later that evening.
No other details were immediately available.
For live, local news, download the KRONon app. It lets you watch commercial-free the Bay Area’s Local News Station on multiple streaming devices.
- WATCH: GIRL HIDES TO AVOID CAR FOLLOWING HER IN VACAVILLE
- DIRT BIKE RIDERS CAUGHT SPEEDING IN OAKLAND
- IT’S LEGAL FOR MEAT TO HAVE TRACE AMOUNTS OF FECAL MATTER
- SF HOME TO HIGHEST AVERAGE GAS PRICE IN US
- TARGET LAUNCHES CAR SEAT TRADE-IN EVENT