SAN FRANCISCO (KRON) — A storm moving in to the region will bring heavy rain and gusty winds to the Bay Area Friday afternoon.
Friday started dry with a smooth morning commute and cool temperatures in the 50’s for the morning.
Showers will develop across the North Bay this afternoon and then spread southward this evening.
The rain will make for a wet drive home from work and some treacherous travel conditions for those taking to the roads this evening.
Heavy rain and strong winds will continue at times during overnight hours.
Showers will likely linger into Saturday night before tapering off on Sunday, which will see the best conditions for venturing outside.
Dry weather returns Monday and Tuesday with a slight chance of rain by midweek.
LATEST NEWS HEADLINES:
- Senate approves rules for Trump impeachment trial
- ‘I’m fired up’: 49ers’ great Jerry Rice gearing up for Super Bowl in Miami
- Car ban on Market Street in San Francisco begins next week
- 49ers’ Dee Ford heads to Super Bowl to face former team
- Vallejo releases surveillance video showing deadly shooting involving off-duty Richmond police officer