INDIANAPOLIS (KRON) — They say baseball is the Great American Pastime.
Rich in history, it crosses many racial lines–although it began as a segregated sport.
African-Americans created their own leagues.
In the Bay Area, for example, there was the Berkeley Negro League and the Oakland Pierce Giants.
The story of black players has been hidden over time, but one star player in Indianapolis is back in the spotlight.
Watch the above video to see the full report.WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- 5TH SUSPECT WANTED IN DEADLY NORTH BAY HOME INVASIONS
- ARMED SUSPECTS AT-LARGE AFTER FREMONT HOME INVASION
- ARRESTS MADE IN SUSPICIOUS DEATH NEAR UNION SQUARE
- SAN RAFAEL MAN GOES MISSING DAY HE WAS TO VISIT FIANCÉ
- GET KRON4 NEWS ON YOUR AMAZON ALEXA DEVICE