SAN FRANCISCO (KRON) — Amid the chaos that comes with power outages and red flag warnings, traffic accidents are the last thing anyone wants.
Officials are reminding drivers of some safety tips that could be of use during the anticipated power outages throughout the Bay Area.
Though these are commonly known tips, a fresh reminder can save an unnecessary collision from occurring.
If a traffic light is flashing red or not working, treat it as a stop sign.
Think of intersections as a four-way stop.
Drivers in every direction should come to a complete stop and proceed in the order that you arrive.
When cars arrive at the same time, the car to the right can proceed first.
- Social media companies battling misinformation ahead of 2020 election
- 12 possible coronavirus patients being treated at Bay Area hospitals
- San Francisco DA Chesa Boudin speaks on ICE arrests at Sonoma County courthouse
- Tennessee death row inmate Nicholas Sutton selects last meal
- Man wins $10 million lottery prize from scratch-off ticket bought in Burbank