JAKARTA, Indonesia (AP) – Indonesia’s geophysics agency says a tsunami is possible after a strong earthquake struck east of Sulawesi island.
The U.S. Geological Survey said the quake which hit Friday at a depth of 17 kilometers (10.5 miles) had a magnitude of 6.8.
The epicenter of the quake is far from the city of Palu, which was devastated by an earthquake and tsunami in September.
For live, local news, download the KRONon app. It lets you watch commercial-free the Bay Area’s Local News Station on multiple streaming devices.
- MAN ACCUSED OF TOUCHING CHILD AT BELMONT PUMP IT UP
- BAY AREA AMC HOSTING 59-HOUR MARVEL MOVIE MARATHON
- VIDEO: WHAT DID KEVIN DURANT SAY TO GET EJECTED FROM GAME?
- TEACHER FIRED OVER TOPLESS PHOTO SUES FOR $3 MILLION
- MOUNTAIN HOUSE FAMILY OF NINE FORCED OUT OF BAY AREA