Last week, the National Rifle Association sent out a mocking tweet in response to an American College of Physicians position paper.
That paper outlined a public health approach to reducing deaths and injuries from gun violence.
The tweet from the NRA told doctors to “stay in their lane.”
It complained that the medical community had not consulted anyone before publishing its paper.
The NRA tweet was posted just hours before a man shot and killed 12 people in a country music bar in Thousand Oaks.
Dr. Andre Campbell, a trauma surgeon at San Francisco General Hospital, talked to KRON4 about the issue.
Watch the above video to see the full report.
- MAP SHOWS HOMES DAMAGED, DESTROYED IN CAMP FIRE
- HORSE SEEKS REFUGE IN SWIMMING POOL DURING CAMP FIRE
- SMOKE FROM CAMP FIRE POURS INTO BAY AREA
- PG&E CRITICIZED OVER DEADLY CAMP FIRE
- SEARCH FOR CAMP FIRE VICTIMS INTENSIFIES IN PARADISE