Fish getting blown out of the water thanks to gusty winds?
It all started with a tweet by local meteorologist Aaron Brackett, showing a fish on a sidewalk by a Lake Hefner.
“This is one of many fish literally blown out of Lake Hefner!” he tweeted.
Local reporter Erin Beu tweeted video pointing out several dead fish on the land near Lake Hefner.
But local photographer Ben Latham seemed to disagree.
In a video he tweeted by the lake, Latham says “this is what actually is happening at Lake Hefner.”
“Bird dives to catch a fish and then drops it and the wind is carrying the fish away. Oklahoma is not that windy guys,” he tweeted with the explanatory video.
According to The Oklahoman, strong winds were grappling Oklahoma City, knocking down power lines, sparking wildfires, and causing several accidents.
For live, local news, download the KRONon app. It lets you watch commercial-free the Bay Area’s Local News Station on multiple streaming devices.
- COLLEGE CHEATING SCANDAL: ACTORS, STANFORD COACH CHARGED
- SUSPECT ARRESTED IN STABBING DEATH OF SAN JOSE MOTHER
- FACEBOOK SAYS SOME QUIZZES WERE GUISE TO HACK YOUR ACCOUNT
- TRUMP SAYS ‘AIRPLANES ARE BECOMING FAR TOO COMPLEX TO FLY’
- WATCH: HUNDREDS OF TACOS RAIN DOWN ON VISITORS IN TEXAS