(WIVB) – The Jeopardy! streak of James Holzhauer continues with his twenty-first win.
Now, his total winnings have exceeded $1.6 million.
The 34-year-old professional gambler has the second longest winning streak in Jeopardy! history.
For his accomplishments, his hometown of Las Vegas honored him with the Key to the Vegas Strip.
And not just that, but Thursday was declared “James Holzhauer Day” in Clark County, Nevada.
Holzhauer sits behind Ken Jennings in Jeopardy history. Jennings won $2.5 million in a combined 74 straight games
Holzhauer isn’t too far behind that total, but has a long way to go in terms of games. He already has plans for the money he’s won.
“I’m trying to do my part for the children of Las Vegas,” Holzhauer said.
Holzhauer will look to continue his impressive streak Friday night on Jeopardy! It airs on WIVB at 7:30 p.m.
This will be the last episode before the Jeopardy! Teachers Tournament. If Holzhauer wins Friday night, he’ll return to competition after the tournament.
For live, local news, download the KRONon app. It lets you watch commercial-free the Bay Area’s Local News Station on multiple streaming devices.
- NOTORIOUS CA KILLER ACCUSED OF BEHEADING, TORTURING CELLMATE
- U.S. OFFICIALS: ARMY VET’S PLAN TO BOMB NAZI RALLY IN SOCAL FOILED
- BUS DRIVER WHO PLEADED GUILTY TO RAPE OF GIRL GETS NO JAIL TIME
- VIDEO: KILLER WHALES ATTACK GRAY WHALE CALF IN MONTEREY BAY
- WATCH: GIRL HIDES TO AVOID CAR FOLLOWING HER IN VACAVILLE