A female sports reporter has accused new Sacramento Kings coach Luke Walton of sexual assault in a lawsuit.
TMZ reported Monday night citing legal documents that Kelli Tennant is suing Walton. TMZ reports that Tennant claims she went to Walton’s hotel room to discuss a book she was writing when Walton pinned her to the bed, forcibly kissed her and groped her. The incident happened before Walton became coach of the Los Angeles Lakers in 2016 and while Tennant worked for Sportsnet LA.
Walton was let go by the Lakers earlier this month and hired by the Kings.
The Kings say they are aware of the report and gathering additional information. The team had no other comment.
For live, local news, download the KRONon app. It lets you watch commercial-free the Bay Area’s Local News Station on multiple streaming devices.
- WATCH: GIRL HIDES TO AVOID CAR FOLLOWING HER IN VACAVILLE
- DIRT BIKE RIDERS CAUGHT SPEEDING IN OAKLAND
- IT’S LEGAL FOR MEAT TO HAVE TRACE AMOUNTS OF FECAL MATTER
- SF HOME TO HIGHEST AVERAGE GAS PRICE IN US
- TARGET LAUNCHES CAR SEAT TRADE-IN EVENT