It’s going to be a busy weekend in San Francisco!
Not only is it Fleet Week but the Hardly Strictly Bluegrass Festival is also taking place in the city.
Add the Fremont Street closure on top of those two large events and that’s a recipe for bad traffic.
The San Francisco Department of Emergency Management is encouraging people to use public transportation and avoid driving.
They’re also advising visitors and residents to allow extra time to reach their destinations.
The Fleet Week Blue Angels Airshows are happening on Friday, Saturday and Sunday from noon to 4 p.m.
The Blue Angels will be seen in and around San Francisco but a large crowd can be expected at the Marina Green.
The Hardly Strictly Bluegrass Festival is also happening on Friday, Saturday and Sunday.
The free festival will take place at Golden Gate Park.
Fremont Street will remain closed between Mission and Howard Streets due to the closure of the Salesforce Transit Center.
This closure has been causing major traffic delays heading into the city.
And there are also Caltrain closures.
- FLEET WEEK SF: SCHEDULE OF EVENTS & BLUE ANGELS FLIGHT TIMES
- BODY OF MISSING 18-YEAR-OLD RICHMOND WOMAN FOUND, EX ARRESTED
- VIDEO OF TEENS ATTACKING, ROBBING 12-YEAR-OLD LEADS TO ARRESTS
- PARENTS: DON’T BUY THIS CELL PHONE CASE FOR YOUR KIDS, POLICE ASK
- SOUTHWEST KICKS OFF 72-HOUR FARE SALE