Our KRON4 sports team caught up Leigh Steinberg, legendary sports agent and CEO of Steinberg Sports and Entertainment, on Friday to talk about his career, being the inspiration for the film Jerry Maguire, and the inner workings of contract negotiations.
Steinberg has represented a slew of high-profile athletes, including Patrick Mahomes, quarterback for the Kansas City Chiefs.
He has also worked with past greats like Steve Young and Troy Aikman.
Listen to how Steinberg got his start in the competitive business of being a sports agent and more.
For live, local news, download the KRONon app. It lets you watch commercial-free the Bay Area’s Local News Station on multiple streaming devices.
- SCABIES CONFIRMED ON SOME VTA BUSES
- GOVERNOR NEWSOM RELEASES WILDFIRE, UTILITY REPORT
- WOMAN’S DOG FOUND DEAD IN SUITCASE AFTER FRIEND STOLE HIM
- FREMONT TEACHER ARRESTED FOR HAVING CHILD PORN
- BED BATH & BEYOND TO CLOSE AT LEAST 40 STORES