SAN FRANCISCO (KRON) — BART says trains are back up and running through San Francisco again.
The transit agency had reported a ‘major delay’ on East Bay-bound trains starting in San Francisco after an equipment issue at the Powell Street station on Wednesday evening.
There is a major delay at San Francisco stations in the East Bay direction due to an equipment problem on a train at Powell street station.— SFBARTalert (@SFBARTalert) May 1, 2019
The delay was first expected to only last 10 minutes — but BART is now calling the delay ‘major.’
BART officials Tweeted out saying there was a problem with a door at Powell and technicians were unable to fix it. That train has now been taken out of service.
They also reported a police hold on the train behind that one, adding to the delay.
This is developing, check back for updates
For live, local news, download the KRONon app. It lets you watch commercial-free the Bay Area’s Local News Station on multiple streaming devices.
- NOTORIOUS CA KILLER ACCUSED OF BEHEADING, TORTURING CELLMATE
- U.S. OFFICIALS: ARMY VET’S PLAN TO BOMB NAZI RALLY IN SOCAL FOILED
- BUS DRIVER WHO PLEADED GUILTY TO RAPE OF GIRL GETS NO JAIL TIME
- VIDEO: KILLER WHALES ATTACK GRAY WHALE CALF IN MONTEREY BAY
- WATCH: GIRL HIDES TO AVOID CAR FOLLOWING HER IN VACAVILLE