A Texas man has reportedly confessed to raping a 3-year-old female relative, who later tested positive for STDs, according to court documents cited by the San Antonio Express-News.
26-year-old Drevon Alexander Perkins was arrested this week after the girl’s mother noticed discharge in her diaper and took her to a hospital, according to the publication.
That’s when a doctor confirmed she had been infected with two STDs — chlamydia and gonorrhea.
Court documents cite Perkins has the same STDs that the girl had reportedly contracted.
During a polygraph test, Perkins reportedly admitted to raping the young girl in January while he was “high on drugs.”
He told authorities he attacked the girl at his apartment while her mother was at work.
Perkins remains in custody on $100,000 bond at the Bexar County Jail on a felony charge of super aggravated sexual assault of a child, according to jail records.
If convicted, he faces a minimum of 25 years in prison, KTRK reports.
For live, local news, download the KRONon app. It lets you watch commercial-free the Bay Area’s Local News Station on multiple streaming devices.
- 3 CASES OF MEASLES CONFIRMED IN BAY AREA
- SAN JOSE MOM, TWO YOUNG SONS DEAD IN APPARENT MURDER-SUICIDE
- ARCHAEOLOGISTS FIND HIDDEN TUNNELS BELOW ALCATRAZ PRISON
- MOM RAPED, SET ON FIRE KILLS ATTACKER BY DRAGGING HIM INTO FLAMES
- SAN FRANCISCO RENT HITS NEW HIGH, MOST EXPENSIVE IN US