SAN CLEMENTE, Calif. (AP) — A man was arrested at a U.S. Border Patrol checkpoint south of San Clemente on suspicion of smuggling bundles of methamphetamine worth nearly $162,000.
The Orange County Register reports (http://bit.ly/2jt4x0P ) the Border Patrol said in a statement that 39 bundles of crystal methamphetamine were found Tuesday hidden inside the rear quarter panels of an unidentified man’s 2003 Volkswagen Golf.
The man, who is a U.S. citizen, was arrested on suspicion of narcotics smuggling and turned over to the Drug Enforcement Administration, along with the methamphetamine. The vehicle was seized by Border Patrol.WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- WATER NOT DRINKABLE, USABLE IN PARTS OF ALAMEDA
- OAKLAND A’S SETTLE ON SITE FOR NEW BALLPARK
- 6 DIE AFTER NURSING HOME LEFT WITH NO A/C FROM IRMA
- TRIPLE SHOOTING LEAVES 1 DEAD IN SAN FRANCISCO
- ‘WORST 45 MIN. OF MY LIFE:’ POLICE WARN OF KIDNAPPING SCAM
- DOWNLOAD THE BRAND NEW KRON4 NEWS APP