HARRIS COUNTY, TX (WCMH) – An investigation is underway after a man died when he fell into a tire shredder while on the job.
Byron Jones, 26, was killed at a tire recycling plant in Texas, Friday.
A source told KTRK that Jones couldn’t get free from a tire shredder after being caught in the machine and the company didn’t realize what happened until co-workers reported Jones missing.
Officials with the Occupational Safety and Health Administration are investigating, along with the Harris County Sheriff’s Office.
- OLDEST OF SHACKLED SIBLINGS WENT TO COLLEGE, DIDN’T SEEK HELP
- VIDEO: OFFICER HIT BY CAR AT RICHMOND SIDESHOW
- VIDEO: TEEN SHOT IN THE HEAD DURING INTERNET CHALLENGE
- MAN BUYS WINNING $1 MILLION LOTTERY TICKET IN SAN JOSE
- COURT: IMMIGRANT CHILDREN DON’T HAVE RIGHT TO FREE LAWYER
- GET KRON4 NEWS ON YOUR AMAZON ALEXA DEVICE