A Louisiana man was arrested on Tuesday for allegedly eating his ex-girlfriend’s pet fish and later sending her a photo of his feces.
According to WBRZ, the incident happened back in 2016 after the victim allowed her ex-boyfriend and two of his friends to stay at her dorm room on Louisiana State University’s campus.
Authorities say that when the woman returned to her room after a football game, she allowed her ex-boyfriend, Maxwell Taffin, to get his belongings.
On his way out the door, he told the victim, “check your fish tank.”
When the woman checked the tank, she noticed that her fish was gone.
The victim told police that after the encounter, Taffin sent her a photo that showed feces in a toilet with a message that read, “found your fish.”
Police spoke with Taffin who was 18 years old at the time, and he admitted to swallowing the victim’s pet.
“Yeah, I’ll be honest with you. I ate [the victim’s] fish,” said Taffin, according to an affidavit.
He was asked to appear at the police department for a criminal summons but failed to show up.
He was arrested on Tuesday and booked on charges of cruelty to animals and improper telephone communications.
- POLICE SEARCH FOR MAN CAUGHT ON CAMERA LICKING FAMILY’S DOORBELL
- SANTA CRUZ WOMAN SAYS IT TOOK 28 HOURS TO DRIVE FROM LAKE TAHOE
- SISTERS, 14 AND 12, CHARGED WITH FATALLY STABBING, SHOOTING MOTHER
- NAPA TEEN ARRESTED FOR ALLEGEDLY PLANNING MASS SCHOOL SHOOTING
- MAN SAYS 3 SYRINGES FOUND IN RECTUM AREN’T HIS