RICHMOND, Calif, (KRON) – The Contra Costa Sheriff’s office is investigating a suspicious death that occurred in a fire Tuesday morning.
The victim in the fire has been identified by authorities as 23-year-old, Virillio Patino-Cruz of North Richmond.
Patino-Cruz was found unresponsive in his home. He was transported to a local hospital where he later died. His cause of death is pending an autopsy.
Authorities responded early Tuesday morning to a house fire in the 1800 block of Giaramita St., North Richmond.
Anyone with information on this incident is asked to contact the Sheriff’s Office Investigation Division at (925) 313-2600 or through Sheriff’s Office dispatch at (925) 646-2441.
For any tips, email: firstname.lastname@example.org or call (866) 846-3592 to leave an anonymous voice message.
- Oracle Park reopening: Businesses excited to welcome back Giants fans
- Pandemic impact: 8 Goodwill stores to close in Bay Area
- San Francisco schools on track to open in April
- Bay Area doctors react to ballparks, amusement parks reopening with restrictions
- Some Bay Area counties enjoy first weekend back in Red tier