Authorities say a man became upset when he lost a video game and allegedly punched his 1-month-old son in the head.
Anthony Trice, 26, of Louisville, Kentucky was arrested and charged with first-degree criminal abuse, WAVE reported.
According to an arrest report, Trice was home alone with the child, playing a video game when the incident occurred. When he started losing the game, he became frustrated and threw the controller and punched the boy in the head.
Trice then carried the crying baby into the kitchen and dropped him, police said.
After dropping the baby, police said Trice brought the child into a bedroom, propped him up with a blanket and a bottle and went to the bathroom. He later returned to find the baby in distress and called 911.
The boy was rushed to the hospital, where he is listed in serious condition.
For live, local news, download the KRONon app. It lets you watch commercial-free the Bay Area’s Local News Station on multiple streaming devices.
- NOTORIOUS CA KILLER ACCUSED OF BEHEADING, TORTURING CELLMATE
- U.S. OFFICIALS: ARMY VET’S PLAN TO BOMB NAZI RALLY IN SOCAL FOILED
- BUS DRIVER WHO PLEADED GUILTY TO RAPE OF GIRL GETS NO JAIL TIME
- VIDEO: KILLER WHALES ATTACK GRAY WHALE CALF IN MONTEREY BAY
- WATCH: GIRL HIDES TO AVOID CAR FOLLOWING HER IN VACAVILLE