GRAND RAPIDS, Mich. (WOOD) –- A Michigan man who admitted to sexually abusing two boys and recording it is heading to prison.
A Kent County judge Thursday sentenced 23-year-old Tyler Lowis to at least 18.75 years behind bars on four charges, including two counts of first-degree criminal sexual conduct, child sexually abusive activity and using a computer to commit a crime.
Lowis was arrested in November 2016 after Michigan State Police got a tip from the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children about child pornography.
When police searched his house, they found video files of child pornography, some of which showed Lowis and underage boys, according to court documents.
Investigators say Lowis admitted to sexually abusing the boys since 2015.
Lowis pleaded guilty to the four charges last month as part of the plea agreement.
In turn, prosecutors dismissed several other charges against him.
Lowis faces up to 56 years in prison.WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- US APPEALS COURT REJECTS TRUMP’S LIMITED VIEW OF TRAVEL BAN
- DATA FROM 143 MILLION AMERICANS EXPOSED IN HACK
- OAKLAND FIRE CAPTAIN ARRESTED ON CHILD PORN CHARGES
- 4 ROBBERY SUSPECTS DETAINED IN OAKLAND
- FEMALE INMATES WALK AWAY FROM DUBLIN PRISON
- JUDGE: BRAIN DEAD GIRL MAY STILL BE ALIVE
- 15-YEAR-OLD GIRL HELD 29 DAYS, TIED UP AND RAPED