SAN BRUNO (KRON) — A 70-year-old man died early Wednesday morning after being hit by a van while crossing the street in San Bruno.
Police say the victim, who was in a wheelchair, was crossing at El Camino Real near Santa Lucia Avenue around 6 a.m. Wednesday when a van traveling southbound on El Camino Real hit him.
Police say the driver oft he van stayed at the scene following the crash. The 70-year-old man was taken to a nearby hospital, where he later died.
It’s unclear what led up to the crash — police have released few details.
The identity of the victim has not been released. San Bruno Police say they are still investigating the crash.
- SAMSUNG UNVEILS MASSIVE 219-INCH TC CALLED ‘THE WALL’
- GRAPHIC VIDEO: MAN BRINGS DEAD RACCOON IN SF MCDONALD’S
- 6-YEAR-OLD BOY FOUND ALIVE IN MOM’S ATTIC MONTHS AFTER GOING MISSING
- CUTE: HOTEL GIVES SF KID’S TOYS LUXURY STAY AFTER BEING LEFT BEHIND
- AMERICANS AREN’T MAKING ENOUGH BABIES TO SUSTAIN THE POPULATION