AUSTIN, TEXAS (KXAN) — A man used Facebook and a DNA test to track down and reunite with his birth mother in Austin, Texas.
Christian Guerrero, 47, lives in Maryland, but he is from Austin. He was born at the old Brackenridge Hospital on June 1, 1972. That also happens to be the last time he saw his mom.
Christian was given a DNA test for Christmas this year, and with the help of a Facebook group of people in similar situations and a genealogist, he was able to track down his birth mother. A mother who, at the age of 14, gave Christian up for adoption.
“There’s a connection, a bond with your mother, I can’t really explain it. I’ve never had it. Once I found it, I saw her picture, I knew it was her. That hole that I had, it started to fill up and I can’t wait to meet her,” Christian said after finally tracking down his mother.
The two are spending the next five days together to catch up on a lifetime of stories and will have the rest of their lives to make new ones.
- CALFIRE REVEALS CAUSE OF TUBBS FIRE AS PRIVATE ELECTICAL SYSTEM
- POLICE DESCRIBE EXECUTION-STYLE KILLINGS INSIDE FLORIDA BANK
- DNA TECH LEADS TO MAN’S ARRESTED IN FREMONT COLD CASE
- MARIJUANA SITE GIVES FREE WEED TO FED EMPLOYEES DURING SHUTDOWN
- SUPERINTENDENT FACES FRUAD CHARGES AFTER HELPING SICK STUDENT