A man who allegedly assaulted an officer was arrested Tuesday morning after an hours-long standoff with police in Antioch.
According to authorities, the 32-year-old man was arrested after the nearly 5-hour standoff at a home on Deerfield Drive.
His identity has not been released.
Police say a call reporting a man with a gun came in around 8 p.m. Monday at the home.
The suspect reportedly pulled out a weapon and assaulted the responding officer, then barricaded himself inside the home.
Officials say the officer was taken to a local hospital where he was treated for his injuries and released.
Around 8 to 10 homes in the area were evacuated during the standoff.
The suspect has been booked into the Contra Costa Jail.
- 49ERS CHEERLEADER WHO TOOK A KNEE DURING ANTHEM FROM ANTIOCH
- PRICE REDUCED FOR TINY HOME FOR SALE IN SAN FRANCISCO
- KIDNAPPED MAN LIKELY FED TO HOGS, COURT DOCS REVEAL
- CONSTRUCTION WORKERS FIND 1,000 HUMAN TEETH INSIDE WALL
- TEENS DISCOVER THEY’RE HAVING SEX WITH SAME TEACHER, TELL HIS WIFE