Police in central California say a man was arrested after he tried to hijack a bus full of elementary school children.
The Fresno Bee reports 47-year-old Christopher Martinez on Monday got on the school bus at a gas station, where it had stopped to give the children a bathroom break.
Fresno Police Lt. Mark Hudson says Martinez grabbed the female driver by the collar and said he needed “to go to the mission…Jesus is coming!”
The driver pulled the keys from the ignition and that set off an alarm on the bus.
Hudson says the driver and the teacher shouted at him to get off the bus. Martinez complied after the gas station clerk asked him in a calm voice to leave. Police arrested him shortly after.
- YOUR LOCAL ELECTION HEADQUARTERS
- LIVE CALIFORNIA MIDTERM ELECTION RESULTS
- TIMELINE RELEASED IN DEADLY YOUNTVILLE VETERAN’S HOME SHOOTING
- IS PREGNANCY CONTAGIOUS? RESEARCHERS SAY YES
- $100K RAISED FOR CALIFORNIA TEACHER WHO PUNCHED STUDENT