A man bought a winning lottery ticket in Antioch worth $1 million.
Rodney Sala bought a $10 Precious Jewels Scratchers® at the Safeway located at 3365 Deer Valley Road.
The lucky winner plans to put the money toward paying off his house and for college expenses, he told lottery officials.
“It’s important for us to have peace of mind,” Sala said.
Safeway will collect a retailer bonus of $5,000 just for selling the winning ticket.
The retailer bonus is not subtracted from the winner’s prize.
For live, local news, download the KRONon app. It lets you watch commercial-free the Bay Area’s Local News Station on multiple streaming devices.
- NOTORIOUS CA KILLER ACCUSED OF BEHEADING, TORTURING CELLMATE
- U.S. OFFICIALS: ARMY VET’S PLAN TO BOMB NAZI RALLY IN SOCAL FOILED
- BUS DRIVER WHO PLEADED GUILTY TO RAPE OF GIRL GETS NO JAIL TIME
- VIDEO: KILLER WHALES ATTACK GRAY WHALE CALF IN MONTEREY BAY
- WATCH: GIRL HIDES TO AVOID CAR FOLLOWING HER IN VACAVILLE