OAKLAND (KRON) -- Well known musician Marcus "The Magnificent" Malone a founding member of the iconic band Santana is on life support after being involved in a freak accident.
The accident occurred yesterday after Malone was leaving a work site and suffered severe head trauma, according to Malone's manager Carl Jacobs.
Malone or better known as 'Rock n Roll' to his closest friends is currently on life support at the Highland Hospital in Oakland, Calif.
Jacobs urged the public to keep their thoughts on Malone, and will be posting medical updates as often as he can.
No other details were available at this time.
A GoFundMe page has been set up for Malone.
Stay with KRON4 News for updates on this story.
- Copyright 2018 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- VIDEO: Apartment clubhouse floor collapses; 30 injured
- VIDEO: Woman who left child on stranger's doorstep breaks silence, calls out boy's mom
- Migrant caravan re-forms in Mexico, members vow to reach US
- 2 identity theft suspects arrested outside Milpitas hotel