(CNN/WPRI) — One helped spark the Civil Rights Movement, the other was a pioneer in space. Now, Rosa Parks and astronaut Sally Ride are the newest Barbie dolls.
Both dolls come with authentic clothing, unique accessories, and educational material about each woman’s contribution to society.
Mattel said both women, “made the world better for future generations of girls.”
Rosa Parks was an American activist who in 1955 refused to give up her bus seat to a white man and sparked the Montgomery bus boycott.
Sally Ride was the first American woman and the youngest American to fly in space.
The dolls are part of Mattel’s “Inspiring Women” series. Amelia Earhart, Katherine Johnson and Frida Kahlo are also part of the collection.
- Republicans, Democrats disagree on how to address police reforms
- Oakland A’s to continue minor league pay after cuts made due to pandemic
- Roger Goodell: NFL admits it was wrong for not listening to players in wake of recent protests
- Lawmakers press CDC in wake of decreased rate of child immunizations during pandemic
- California governor: Cities should end use of National Guard