MEXICO CITY (AP) — Police say gunmen burst into an unregistered drug rehabilitation center in Mexico and opened fire, killing 24 people and wounding seven.
Police in the north-central state of Guanajuato said the attack occurred Wednesday in the city of Irapuato.
Three of the seven wounded were in serious condition. Apparently the attackers shot everyone at the rehab center; state police said nobody was abducted.
Guanajuato is the scene of a bloody turf battle between the Jalisco Cartel and a local gang. No motive was given in the attack, but drug gangs have killed street-level dealers at such facilities in the past.
Latest News Headlines:
- West Nile virus confirmed in Contra Costa County mosquitoes
- 9th Circuit ends California ban on high-capacity magazines
- Walmart extending closing time to 10 p.m. at most stores
- Biden, Harris call on all US governors to issue 3-month mask mandate
- Trial set for woman charged in connection with Vanessa Guillen’s death