BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (WIAT) — There will not be a Minor League Baseball season in 2020.
The announcement by the MiLB was made Tuesday after Major League Baseball informed them that they would not be providing affiliated players this year.
MiLB decided to cancel the season as a result.
“These are unprecedented times for our country and our organization as this is the first time in our history that we’ve had a summer without Minor League Baseball played,” said MiLB President and CEO Pat O’Conner. “While this is a sad day for many, this announcement removes the uncertainty surrounding the 2020 season and allows our teams to begin planning for an exciting 2021 season of affordable family entertainment.”
- Another San Quentin inmate dies from complications of COVID-19
- Joey Chestnut and Miki Sudo crush the hot dog contest — again
- Alcohol, drugs appear to be factor in fatal Woodside crash Friday night, authorities say
- Outdoor dining in Morgan Hill shut down by ABC without notice
- SF Giants announce strict health guidelines to be implemented at Oracle Park