JEFFERSON CITY, Mo. (WJHL) – A bill in the Missouri legislature requires certain residents to own an AR-15 style rifle.
HB 1108, called the McDaniel Militia Act, “requires every Missouri resident 18 years of age or older, but under 35 years of age, who is legally permitted to own an AR-15 type rifle to obtain or possess such a weapon.”
The bill also creates a tax credit for residents who have to purchase a rifle in order to comply with the law.
HB 1108 has been read on the Missouri House floor, but has not been assigned to a committee.
For live, local news, download the KRONon app. It lets you watch commercial-free the Bay Area’s Local News Station on multiple streaming devices.
- COLLEGE CHEATING SCANDAL: 13 BAY AREA PARENTS CHARGED
- FATHER OF MURDER VICTIM SPEAKS AFTER DEATH ROW EXECUTIONS HALTED
- MOSQUE SHOOTER ID’D AS WHITE SUPREMACIST ANGRY AT IMMIGRANTS
- BRIDE FINDS HIDDEN MESSAGE FROM HER LATE MOTHER ON WEDDING HEELS
- PD: TEEN KILLS GIRLFRIEND’S PUPPY AFTER SHE DIDN’T COME HOME ON TIME