PENOBSCOT COUNTY, Maine (WDTN/CNN) – A mom in Maine is accused of causing her 1-year-old daughter’s death by rubbing heroin on her gums as a sleep aid.
Court documents say the mother, Kimberly Nelligan, allegedly did the same thing with her two older children in the past.
Nelligan was arrested Tuesday, nearly a year after her daughter was found dead in her home.
Nelligan pleaded not guilty to child endangerment and drug possession charges. She’s out on bail.
Police say Nelligan initially denied ever using heroin and then later admitted to using it weekly.
Coroners say her daughter died from acute fentanyl intoxication, which could mean the heroin was laced.
Nelligan will next be in court Nov. 12.
- Obama, Bush, Clinton volunteer to receive coronavirus vaccine on camera
- 11-year-old dies after apparently shooting himself during online class
- NASA: Mystery object is 54-year-old rocket, not asteroid
- COVID vaccine to be distributed to nursing homes
- Pacifica business plans to defy orders if outdoor dining is banned