The San Jose woman who allegedly killed her two children before hanging herself on Wednesday has been identified as 43-year-old Uyen Thi Phoung Tran.
The Santa Clara County medical examiner’s office released her name early Saturday morning but no other details have been released.
Tran’s husband found her and their two sons Wednesday afternoon on Dent Avenue.
Neighbors say the children’s mother may have acted out of depression after losing her job but police have not released a motive or cause of death for the boys at this point.
For live, local news, download the KRONon app. It lets you watch commercial-free the Bay Area’s Local News Station on multiple streaming devices.
- 3 CASES OF MEASLES CONFIRMED IN BAY AREA
- SAN JOSE MOM, TWO YOUNG SONS DEAD IN APPARENT MURDER-SUICIDE
- ARCHAEOLOGISTS FIND HIDDEN TUNNELS BELOW ALCATRAZ PRISON
- MOM RAPED, SET ON FIRE KILLS ATTACKER BY DRAGGING HIM INTO FLAMES
- SAN FRANCISCO RENT HITS NEW HIGH, MOST EXPENSIVE IN US