NEW ORLEANS (AP) – Authorities say a Louisiana mother threw her infant son at his father’s feet, fracturing the baby’s skull.
Nola.com/The Times-Picayune reports the infant’s father said he had been arguing with 24-year-old Heidy Rios, of Terrytown, when she threw the 3-week-old baby at his feet and uttered an expletive, telling him to “take” his son.
The father took the child to a New Orleans hospital on Thursday, and doctors determined the infant had fractured his right temporal bone. Authorities say the injuries aren’t life-threatening.
Rios initially told investigators she didn’t know how her son was hurt, but she later said she may have dropped the child during the dispute.
A Jefferson Parish Sheriff’s Office arrest report says Rios was arrested Friday and charged with cruelty to a juvenile. It’s unclear if she has a lawyer.WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- CAL ATHLETE SURVIVES CRASH THAT KILLED FAMILY
- GAS LEAK TRIGGERS EXPLOSION, EVACUATIONS IN SAN FRANCISCO
- LOTTERY OFFICIALS SEARCH FOR POWERBALL WINNER IN OAKLAND
- PRINCE HARRY AND ACTRESS MEGHAN MARKLE TO WED NEXT YEAR
- METH LAB FOUND IN HOME OF ACCUSED SOUTH BAY STALKER