KENT, Ohio (AP) – An Ohio mother has been arrested after the death of her 3-month-old daughter.
Twenty-two-year-old Samantha Knisely was arraigned Thursday on a charge of child endangering.
Police responded to a home in Kent on Wednesday after a man called 911 to report an infant not breathing.
Kent Police Lt. Mike Lewis tells the Akron Beacon Journal it appeared Knisely was sleeping in the same bed as the infant before the child’s death.
He says police are continuing to investigate, but he believes the death was preventable.
The newspaper says Knisely could not be reached for comment.WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- WATER NOT DRINKABLE, USABLE IN PARTS OF ALAMEDA
- OAKLAND A’S SETTLE ON SITE FOR NEW BALLPARK
- 6 DIE AFTER NURSING HOME LEFT WITH NO A/C FROM IRMA
- TRIPLE SHOOTING LEAVES 1 DEAD IN SAN FRANCISCO
- ‘WORST 45 MIN. OF MY LIFE:’ POLICE WARN OF KIDNAPPING SCAM
- DOWNLOAD THE BRAND NEW KRON4 NEWS APP