A motorcyclist is dead following a pursuit with authorities on the Bay Bridge Tuesday morning.
According to authorities, a CHP officer tried to conduct a traffic stop around 7:35 a.m. on an adult male motorcyclist whp officials said was speeding.
Authorities said the motorcyclist failed to yield and a pursuit with CHP ensued, ending east of the Fremont exit.
Officials said the motorcyclist went down on his own. He was taken to the hospital where he was later pronounced dead.
No other cars were involved, and no other injuries were reported.
The victim’s identity has not been released at this time.
At this time two lanes are closed and one lane is open.
For live, local news, download the KRONon app. It lets you watch commercial-free the Bay Area’s Local News Station on multiple streaming devices.
- NOTORIOUS CA KILLER ACCUSED OF BEHEADING, TORTURING CELLMATE
- U.S. OFFICIALS: ARMY VET’S PLAN TO BOMB NAZI RALLY IN SOCAL FOILED
- BUS DRIVER WHO PLEADED GUILTY TO RAPE OF GIRL GETS NO JAIL TIME
- VIDEO: KILLER WHALES ATTACK GRAY WHALE CALF IN MONTEREY BAY
- WATCH: GIRL HIDES TO AVOID CAR FOLLOWING HER IN VACAVILLE