GUERNEVILLE (KRON) — Guerneville residents returned home Friday to find their homes and much of their property severely damaged after flooding.
One resident told KRON4 he’s been through seven floods — and each time, it gets worse.
” I dont have any insurance,” homeowner Art McNulty said. “I’d had it for years, and they sent me a bill I just couldn’t handle.”
Another resident arrived in Guerneville to find their home was still intact — just a damaged fence and flooded garage. Their only problem? They don’t have homeowners insurance.
“It’s not too bad — [it’s] stuff that we can spray down or throw away,” homeowner Tammy Brown said.
With help from the community, residents and businesses in the Sonoma County town are working to recover.
“I’ve got a great community, people helping me and all I can do is move forward and keep going,” said Nicola Gibson, owner of Wishes and Secrets Hair Salon.
- RUSSIAN RIVER FLOODS 2K HOMES, BUSINESSES IN SONOMA COUNTY
- BAY AREA RESIDENTS DITCHING HIGH COST OF LIVING, MOVING AWAY
- PARENT WARNING: ‘MOMO CHALLENGE’ TARGETING KIDS ONLINE
- 2 ARRESTED IN BUFFET BRAWL OVER CRAB LEGS
- MAN ARRESTED FOR RAPING GIRL IN HALF MOON BAY