NEW YORK (WFLA) — Among the 301 graduates into the New York City Fire Department Tuesday, 13 of them are children of firefighters killed on Sept. 11, according to KTVI.
“Every day that I came to the academy, I was grateful to be there and to follow in the footsteps of my father, brothers, uncle, and all those who came before. This is exactly where I want to be,” said Probationary Firefighter Rebecca Asaro.
Asaro’s father, Carl Asaro, was one of the 343 FDNY members killed on Sept. 11.
For photos of the graduation ceremony, click here.
- George Floyd Protests: Thousands in San Francisco march in solidarity
- Protests more subdued after new charges in Floyd case
- White House fears resurgence of pandemic after protests
- 3 charged in slaying of Ahmaud Arbery face court hearing
- Tear gas fired on New Orleans protesters on a bridge