SAN FRANCISCO, Calif. (KRON) — A third NBA player has tested positive for the novel coronavirus.
Detroit Pistons’ forward Christian Wood tested positive for COVID-19.
Utah Jazz’ Rudy Gobert was the first known NBA player to test positive for the virus. The news was announced on March 11 right before tip off of the Jazz-Oklahoma City Thunder game.
Gobert’s teammate, Donovan Mitchell tested positive the following day.
The Pistons hosted the Jazz on March 7.
Check back for updates as this is a developing story.
Latest News Headlines:
- Man killed in San Jose stabbing, investigation underway
- Santa Clara County requiring quarantine as cases grow higher than ever
- Congress returns with virus aid, federal funding unresolved
- Moderna asking US, European regulators to OK its virus shots
- San Francisco’s purple tier restrictions go into effect