Authorities in New Jersey say six adults have been charged with severely beating a 3-year-old boy.
Acting Essex County Prosecutor Theodore Stephens and Newark Public Safety Director Anthony Ambrose announced the arrests Wednesday. All six of the suspects live in the same house and police say they systematically beat the child using their fists and a belt.
Prosecutors also say they poured scalding hot water on the boy as a form of punishment. They said the boy has been released from the hospital but did not give details on his condition. He and five other children who were in the home are with child protective services.
All six adults are being held at the Essex County Correctional Facility in Newark. They are scheduled to make their first court appearance on Thursday.
- OAKLAND SUES NFL, RAIDERS OVER ‘ILLEGAL MOVE’ TO LAS VEGAS
- STEPH CURRY SAYS HE DOESN’T BELIEVE MOON LANDING IS REAL
- BAY AREA FAMILY DESPERATELY SEARCHES FOR MISSING STUDENT
- VIDEO: SANTACON PARTIERS TRASH SAN FRANCISCO RESTAURANT
- 9-YEAR-OLD KILLS HERSELF AFTER RACIST TAUNTS, FAMILY SAYS