AUSTIN, TX (CNN) — An 84-year-old Texas man is now the oldest living kidney donor in the United States.
Frank Dewhurst was out for a walk in his Austin neighborhood when he saw a sign that said, “I am type O and I need a kidney transplant. Please help me.”
He was a match, so he decided to donate.
A doctor said Dewhurst was an ideal candidate since he was active and not on any medications.
The procedure went well and now 72-year-old Linda Nall has a new kidney.
Both Nall and Dewhurst are doing great.
Dewhurst said he hopes others who are healthy will also donate, no matter how old they are.
For live, local news, download the KRONon app. It lets you watch commercial-free news from the Bay Area’s Local News Station on multiple streaming devices.
- KEVIN DURANT’S POST-GAME 5 MESSAGE AFTER INJURY
- DRUG LORD HIRED COPS TO SHOOT DAVID ORTIZ OVER ALLEGED AFFAIR
- US TOURIST DEATH COUNT AT DOMINICAN REPUBLIC RESORTS RISES
- HIGH-SPEED CHASE ENDS IN MILLION-DOLLAR DRUG BUST
- FINAL SEAT INSTALLED AT CHASE CENTER IN SF