SPRINGFIELD, S.C. (WSAV) – A 9-year-old boy died after his father accidentally shot him while hunting.
Colton Williams was out rabbit hunting with his father and a family friend on Thanksgiving when his dad accidentally shot him, according to family members. The group was hunting in Orangeburg County.
Colton was a fourth-grade student at Kelly Edwards Elementary School in Williston. The Williston School District says counselors will be at the school on Monday and will be available throughout the week, or longer, if needed.
- Police: 1 dead, another injured in early morning Oakland shooting
- UC system to require flu shots for ‘all members of the UC community’
- Delta bans 100 passengers from taking flights and adding them to a “no fly” list for refusing to wear masks
- Simon Cowell injures back while testing electric bicycle
- Second stimulus checks: Trump executive orders leave $1,200 payments in limbo