(CNN) – Alcohol ads are leading teens to drink.
That’s according to a new report from the Journal of Studies on Alcohol and Drugs.
Researchers analyzed hundreds of studies from around the world. ]
They said there is persuasive evidence that exposure to alcohol marketing is one cause of drinking onset during adolescence and also one cause of binge drinking.
To combat the problem, the authors suggest more government regulation and more reports on alcohol and health from the CDC, like the ones that have been published on tobacco.
- Contra Costa County fire crews respond to 67 fires on night of July 4th
- Second stimulus check: Where we stand as July begins
- Wildfire burning near Lake Anderson in Santa Clara County grows to 200 acres, 20% contained
- Fremont police investigate graffiti on Mission San Jose as hate crime
- 1 of 2 protesters hit by car on closed Seattle highway dies