America is pausing to remember its fallen veterans on Memorial Day.
Across the country Monday, parades and other events will be held, and people will visit veteran gravesites.
Washington, D.C. is a focal point, with monuments such as the Vietnam Veterans Memorial, as is Arlington National Cemetery in Virginia.
Memorial Day is also the unofficial start of summer, with plenty of barbecues, pool parties, and fireworks.
For live, local news, download the KRONon app. It lets you watch commercial-free the Bay Area’s Local News Station on multiple streaming devices.
- ELDERLY WOMAN KIDNAPPED, REPEATEDLY RAPED IN SAN FRANCISCO
- 6 ARRESTED IN DEADLY STABBING AT SAN JOSE DOLLAR TREE
- DISMEMBERED BODY FOUND IN SAN FRANCISCO HOME
- GOT A REAL ID? YOU MAY NEED TO VISIT DMV AGAIN
- NOTORIOUS KILLER’S MOM ASKS WHY HER SON WAS GIVEN A CELLMATE