(CNN NEWSOURCE) - Apple stock jumped 3.5-percent on Monday, which was the same day it announced plans to hold an event on March 25.
Industry watchers expect Apple will use the event to announce TV streaming and Apple News subscription services.
Rumors have been going around for quite some time that those additions would be coming soon.
It's also possible the tech giant could use the event to unveil re-tooled Air Pods, a new entry-level iPad, and the air-power wireless charging pad.
One clue about Apple's intentions for the event on Mar. 25 is the tagline they used, "It's show time."
Apple used that same tagline to hype a 2006 event where they gave the world the first look at iTV which would later become Apple TV.
For live, local news, download the KRONon app. It lets you watch commercial-free the Bay Area's Local News Station on multiple streaming devices.
- TWO SHOT IN SANTA ROSA MALL PARKING LOT
- EX-OAKLAND A'S STAR ACCUSES A-ROD OF CHEATING ON J.LO
- VACAVILLE POLICE IDENTIFY 'JANE DOE' IN 1991 COLD CASE
- MOM ARRESTED AFTER PULLING UP TO HOSPITAL WITH DEAD DAUGHTER
- SCIENTISTS ENCOUNTER POSSIBLE NEW SPECIES OF KILLER WHALE