(KRON/CNN NEWSOURCE) – Here’s something fun to do all while maintaining social distance.
The “Super Pink Moon” happens tonight and KRON4 viewers sent in some photos.
According to Earthsky, it will be the biggest Supermoon of 2020 because it more closely coincides with lunar perigee – the moon’s closest point to earth during its monthly orbit but don’t plan on seeing the moon actually look “super pink.”
According to the Farmer’s Almanac, the moon will be its usual golden color before fading to a bright white.
The name “Super Pink Moon” was given because it often corresponds with early springtime blooms of a wildflower, commonly called moss phlox which also goes by the name “moss pink.
Sky-gazers will be able to see the “Supermoon” on Tuesday and Wednesday.
It will reach peak illumination at 10-35 p-m eastern time.
The next Supermoon is on May 7th.
It will be last Supermoon of 2020.
Latest News Headlines:
- Rally held to denounce recent hate crimes against Bay Area Asian community
- Justice Dept. to appeal judge’s order on eviction moratorium
- Health worker: Rite Aid throws away extra COVID-19 vaccines
- 2 injured following DUI hit-and-run collision in Marin County
- California doctor performs surgery while appearing in court video call