An arrest was made Tuesday after a 24-year-old woman's body was found in a suitcase on the side of a Greenwich roadway last week.
Police say that detectives from New RochellePolice, along with Greenwich detectives, arrested a suspect in New York, who fraudulently used the ATM card of Valerie Reyes.
On February 5th, at around 8:23 a.m., Reyes' body was found in a red suitcase just off the east shoulder of Glenville Road. Her hands and feet were bound.
Police are investigating her death as a homicide.
Authorities have not released the name of the suspect at this time but say that the individual is also
believed to be involved in the death of Reyes.
Reyes had been reported missing to New Rochelle police after she was last seen at around 9 a.m. on January 29th.
In an interview, her mother said that her daughter told her she has been fearing for her life.
Autopsy results from the Connecticut Office of the Chief Medical Examiner are pending.
The New Rochelle Police Department is expected to release additional information on the suspect and charges.
Greenwich police continue to ask that anyone with information regarding Reyes and/or her disappearance, to contact them at the Greenwich Police Tip Line at (203) 622-3333 or
- FALLING CONCRETE SHUTS DOWN RICHMOND-SAN RAFAEL BRIDGE
- GAS LINE EXPLOSION SPARKS MASSIVE FIRE IN SAN FRANCISCO
- FDA: DEADLY CANCEL LINKED TO BREAST IMPLANTS
- VIDEO: MAN STOPS ON BUSY HWY, SHOOTS SCHOOL BUS DRIVER IN HEAD
- MAN THREW METH-FUELED 'DEATH PARTY' FOR HIS WIFE BEFORE SHE DIED
- Copyright 2019 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- Surprise hailstorm batters the Bay Area
- California may sue Trump over emergency wall declaration
- Travel to Tahoe 'highly discouraged'; I-80 remains closed as snow continues to hit Sierra Nevada
- Kaepernick, Eric Reid settle collusion lawsuits with NFL